16. Custom exceptions and warnings —
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.ApplicationError
Raised when an external application failed.
The error code is specific for the application.
New in version 0.7.7.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.ConversionWarning
Warning indicating a problem with converting between units.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.DuplicateWarning
New in version 0.19.0.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.FileFormatWarning
Warning indicating possible problems with a file format.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.MissingDataWarning
Warning indicating is that required data are missing.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.NoDataError
Raised when empty input is not allowed or required data are missing.
This exception is raised in the following scenarios:
Raised when a
TopologyAttr(e.g., bonds, charges) is not present in the data.
Raised when data is missing in an analysis class because the run() method has not been called, e.g.
Raised when timestep data is missing, such as positions, velocities, or forces.
Raised in the nojump transformation if there is no box information in the universe.
This exception should not be raised in cases where arrays have zero width, or AtomGroups are empty.
Changed in version 1.0.0: Now a subclass of AttributeError as well as ValueError
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.SelectionError
Raised when a atom selection failed.
- exception MDAnalysis.exceptions.SelectionWarning
Warning indicating a possible problem with a selection.